Lexington Center offers an array of job opportunities. We offer competitive wages and are an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants may call the Lexington Center Human Resources Department at (859) 787-0900, or view the listings below to see our current job vacancies.
The Multimedia Designer/Webmaster performs a variety of routine to complex duties/assignments involved in print and digital graphic design, website management, email marketing, and onsite event media coordination. Multimedia Designer duties involve creating designs for posters, banners, advertisements, websites, eBlasts, and other digital and print graphic materials while adhering to event and venue branding guidelines. Responsibilities also include maintaining liaison with department staff, event promoters, and printers to ensure that printing and all other creative deadlines are met. As the Webmaster, responsibilities include website content management (including image editing, copyediting, and scheduling) and website updating, testing, and maintenance (as needed). The Webmaster also serves as the primary contact for any technical website issues or any website content updates/maintenance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, directs, and provides graphics, email marketing, and website services required by the Arena, Opera House, and Convention Center to support the advertising and promotion of current and upcoming events and to keep site visitors informed.
• Oversees event digital marketing campaigns which include banner/social ad design, copy curation/creation, budget management, documentation submission/management, and making adjustments based on analytics.
• Meets with appropriate department staff as needed to conceive, design, gather information, discuss alternatives, and review proposed or recommended changes to the website.
• Oversees and works with third parties for any website testing, upgrades, or redesigns.
• Works with the Manager of Information Systems and third parties to ensure that the website is secure and functioning properly on all devices and browsers.
• Performs daily review, maintenance, and updates of all websites so that they remain a valuable source of information for clients, employees, and site visitors.
• Serve as a resource and support to other department staff for graphics and website assistance.
• Keeps up-to-date with the latest technologies and standards associated with responsive design, digital marketing, and print and digital graphic design.
Additional/Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Serves as the primary onsite media escort for arena events (occasional weekends and evenings). Attends security meetings, manages required paperwork, and escorts media as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Degree or Vocational Training Should Be In: Minimum 2-year Degree/Vocational Training in Graphic Design, Digital Media, Fine Art, or related field.
Job Related Experience:
Three (3) or more years of graphic design and website maintenance, including experience and knowledge of digital and print graphic design, responsive design, advertising, email marketing, and web content management.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Other Requirements/Equipment, Tools or Machinery:
• Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and responsive design.
• Must have good organizational and planning skills.
• Must be able to coordinate and handle several projects concurrently.
• Must have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to ensure websites are up-to-date and running properly.
• The ability to work well under stressful conditions and exercise good judgment and tact.
• The ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees and clients.
• Requires a full range of body motions including seeing and hearing to normal ranges.
• Job requires routine standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing and visually checking assignments in progress and those that have been completed.
• Frequently works under tight time deadlines.
Work is performed in an enclosed building environment.
Valid driver’s license.
WANT TO APPLY?
• Download and complete an Employment Application.
• Email your current resume, application, and cover letter to [email protected]
• Visit our H.R. Department between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday to complete and submit an official employment application in person. The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd level of the Shops at Lexington Center at 430 West Vine.
• When applying, please specify the title of the position you are seeking.
• Completed applications can also be mailed to: Human Resources Department, Lexington Center Corporation, 430 West Vine Street, Lexington, KY 40507.