Supervisor Engineering Services
Company: Lexington Center Corporation
Will have primary responsibility for assisting the Manager of Engineering Services in the daily supervision and operation of the department. Primary responsibilities will include supervising, training, coordinating and planning the work activities of the department’s E&M, and HVAC staff. Will also serve as the primary liaison in the absence of the department’s senior supervisor or department manager or as directed.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Engineering Manager in supervising and managing the daily work activities of the Electrical Mechanical and HVAC staff.
- Ensures completion of daily departmental work orders that are assigned.
- In conjunction with the department manager, is responsible for coordinating and supervising the installation and/or repair of complex electrical-mechanical and HVAC
- Ensures that the buildings Preventive Maintenance Program is carried out on a timely basis.
- Oversees and coordinates all electrical installations for exhibitors and trade show promoters.
- Assists in interviewing, selecting and recommending suitable candidates for employment.
- Conducts and assists with the orientation training of new department staff.
- Assists in the performance review process and disciplining of staff.
- Assists in preparing the department’s weekly work schedule.
- Assists with reviewing and approving weekly time records of each employee as needed.
- In conjunction with the HR Department, will assists with employee OSHA/Safety training, Fork Truck and Aerial Lift operation and training, proper use of Personal Protective Equipment, Electrical Safety and Training, Fire Alarm System Training, Maintenance and Test
- Assists in performing administrative and other duties as assigned.
Additional/Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses computer in processing scheduling, requisitions, etc.
- Maintains various department files and records to ensure consistency and correctness of information.
- Special projects as needed or requested.
- Trains department staff in all phases of electrical codes, building fire alarm systems, updates in HVAC and boiler/chiller controls.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Vocational/Tech School or degree program preferred
Electrical, Mechanical and HVAC systems with emphasis in HVAC systems.
Job Related Experience:
Three or more years of experience performing tasks specifically related to providing electrical work of a moderate to complex nature and operations of Boiler/Chiller equipment as required in the operation of a large building facility, Arena or Convention Center, or similar work environment, supplemented with at least two (2) years of routinely supervising a work crew in carrying out and completing electrical tasks.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Other Requirements/Equipment, Tools or Machinery:
- A working and detailed knowledge of Boiler/Chiller operations
- A working and detailed knowledge of electrical codes and standards.
- A working knowledge of fire alarm systems installation, maintenance and testing
- A working knowledge of electrical/mechanical equipment, tools and supplies.
- The ability to operate fork truck and other service vehicles (aerial lift, pick-up truck, etc...
- Must have experience in supervising “small to large” size work crews.
- Must be able to train and instruct in all areas of electrical codes and safety regulations.
- Must have good communication and organization skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to read building floor plans and electrical/mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to coordinate and handle several work assignments concurrently.
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
(A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD desirable)
- Requires a full range of body motions including seeing and hearing to normal range.
- Job requires routine standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing and visually checking work assignments in progress and those that have been completed.